Rigney Ministries

<<-- Return to the Newsletter Main Page

Saturday, June 24, 2006

VBS Fun at Union Baptist

Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a big undertaking every summer in most Baptist churches. For several years now I've volunteered to do crafts with the older kids (1st - 6th grades). I'm not really a "children's" worker, my heart is more inclined toward women's ministry, but every year I say, "It's just a week. Surely I can do one week." At least that's what I say BEFORE it starts. But, AFTER it starts, I generally say, "What was I thinking? I'm never doing this again!" It's the same thing every year!

The thing that softens my heart and changes my mind is hearing that 23 children accepted Christ as their Savior as a result of our efforts. That's when I say to our VBS administrator, "I think I can do it one more year. Go ahead and sign me up!"

I hope you enjoy this photo of McKenzie being silly with the "Kayaking with Courage" scene. She’s going to kill me when she finds out I’ve posted this!!!


Posted by Tammie
     

1 Comments:

On July 28, 2006, Blogger Drewe Llyn, Girlfriend's Mentor said...

I think your "place" is very cool! It's great that you can inhance the ministry in this way. You're doing an A+ job. Keep it up.
Love,
Drewe Llyn

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Return to the Newsletter Main Page

Powered by Blogger