Rigney Ministries

<<-- Return to the Newsletter Main Page

Sunday, May 21, 2006

My First Gig!

Playing my brand spanking new electric guitar at my home church for the first time was highly nerve racking. Kids went berserk when I pulled out my glistening, candy apple red guitar, and they hoarded around me by the thousands. I didn’t think I was going to make it, when suddenly a brave and handsome young knight boldly charged his men to the rescue and scared off the fiends!!!

Okay, maybe there were only five kids and maybe there was only one cute boy and his one friend that held back only three toddlers until Mrs. Suzanne, our highly appreciated children’s worship leader, told them to go sit down.

Anyway, the fiends, the brave and handsome young knight, his men, and I enjoyed the rest of the service. Afterwards, Mrs. Suzanne reminded me that I was due to play again the very next Sunday! Well, here we go again!
     

2 Comments:

On March 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just soo awesome. I just can't believe it. Playing an electric guitar, you really have come out since you were in my class in GA's. You just WOW me gurl.

By Dee, on October 03, 2006

 
On March 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McKenzie,

I am so impressed with your writing. This only reminds me that I need to get the latest updates on your book! You are such a creative, beautiful young lady. It's been a pleasure watching you grow up.

I like that shiny, candy apple red guitar. I know what you mean nerve racking. I'm proud of you for serving the Lord even when you have to step outside your comfort zones. I was an adult before I learned this, so your way ahead of me . . . Keep serving Him with all you got girl!

I love ya,
Tracie

By Tracie, Girlfriend's Mentor, on July 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Return to the Newsletter Main Page

Powered by Blogger